Monday, September 15, 2014 | |

I meant to post at some point this summer but... my camera got stolen and I didn't really feel much like writing so, I didn't.

 In the meantime, I hung out in California for a few weeks, drove across the country, got a job, had some reverse-culture-shock-blues in Boston, went to a music festival, reunited with dear friends, found an apartment for the year, read a few books, etc., etc. I'll fill you in on the more boring stuff later but since I don't want to leave you with just words, I'll share some of my favorites from the Newport Folk Festival. Even if you can't see what my life has been looking like, you can hear what it's been (sort of) sounding like... or something.

Lake Street Dive - Bad Self Portraits



Shovels and Rope - Hail Hail



Nickel Creek - Destination



Hurray for the Riff Raff - Blue Ridge Mountain



Valerie June - Workin' Woman Blues



Trampled by Turtles - Victory



Mavis Staples - Will the Circle Be Unbroken (kinda wonky video footage of Mavis at the Festival, along with Trampled by Turtles and "little bitty" Norah Jones) 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.