Querétaro

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 | |

A couple of weekends ago, I finally made the trip to Querétaro, city of La Catrina fame. I had half-planned a couple of trips previously, but somehow couldn't really make it work - until recently, that is!

I mostly wanted to visit Querétaro because I've been told over and over again that the city is really nice (and because there are two lovely Fulbright ETAs there.) I wasn't planning on doing much sight-seeing, so I spent the majority of the weekend admiring the city's gorgeous colonial architecture and sitting at cafes - two things I don't do much here in Toluca - and it was a wonderful little break.

Probably the best part about my visit was getting to stay with Meredith - one of those lovely ETAs - and her host family. They were all incredibly welcoming and gracious and the house itself was AMAZING. I mean, the room I slept in opened out into a courtyard that smelled like jasmine, so it was quite the treat.

A few shots from wandering around the city:












We also did this nighttime-ghost-story-tour thing, which was kind of goofy but a lot of fun. This was probably the best performance we saw that night - a dramatic, wailing La Llorona:


And the city from the lookout point near Meredith's house:


A special thanks goes out to Meredith for being such a great host and conversation buddy for the weekend. I'm hoping our paths will cross over Semana Santa so that Kevin will get to meet her too - stay tuned!

(More photos here.)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.