Puerto Vallarta

Friday, November 22, 2013 | |

Last weekend was a long one because of a national holiday, so a few other ETAs and I decided to take advantage of the extra time off and go to Puerto Vallarta! 

Despite spending over twenty-four hours on a bus (good thing buses in Mexico are super-swanky), the whole experience was such a wonderful break from Toluca's cold weather and the everyday stresses of work. We spent the weekend lying in the sun, swimming, eating a lot of seafood (hard to get in my landlocked city), relaxing, and generally surprising the locals with our ability to speak Spanish - it seems that most of the gringos in Puerto Vallarta have a hard time getting past hola and gracias. We also took a little trek into the jungle to see where Predator was filmed... I was less than impressed by the cardboard cutouts of my former "Governator" but the nature itself was beautiful - again, SO different from Toluca.

I left my camera at the hotel for the majority of the trip, but here are a few shots:


(You can see a few more here, if you're interested.)

And that's all for now, since I'm a little too excited to type. Someone special is landing in Mexico City tomorrow (my first visitor!) and it's kind of difficult to think of much else... but, updates soon, I promise! : )

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.